From: João Ribeiro KS (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2017 - 13:42:33 CST

Hi Danu,

The *.out file is a simple text file, so you can open it with programs like
notepad or Microsoft Office Word, or even using VMD and the plugin "Text
Editor" in the VMD Main Menu: Extensions -> Data -> Text Editor.

"The NAMD graphical interface plugin provides an easy to use interface for
setting up common NAMD simulation jobs" (
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/namdgui/) and expects that the
user already has the psf and pdb files.

QwikMD helps the user to prepare the structure (psf and pdb files) and the
configuration files (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/qwikmd/).

Fell free to read more in the webpage of the plugins and go through the
tutorials.

Best

Joao

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Danu Fajar <dfr879_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> check for errors in the end.
>
> Best
>
> Joao
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM Danu Fajar <dfr879_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Joao, thank you for response and try to helping me.
> I think I do use QwikMD plugin, beacuse I found it in the folder.
>
> .) these are the steps:
> 1. I was download the NAMD version 2.12 (and also try for 212b) for win 64
> from
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?PackageName=NAMD
>
> 2. the whole extracted file (including "namd2.exe) was extracted in the
> same folder with VMD application
> (C:\Program Files (x86)\University of Illinois\VMD)
>
> 3. Open VMD, and run the NAMD simulation from GUI
>
> 4. soon after I run NAMD, the tools which said "namd2.exe stopped working"
> appeared
>

> .) Here is the last message in TK Console:
>
> 5514 atoms total
> Starting NAMD...
>
> .) and the last message in CMD
>
> info> Finished with coordinate file CKMD_fixed.pdb
> info> Finished with coordinate file
> CaseinKinase_formatted_autopsf_formated.pdb
>
> .) the log file created was CKMD.namd (NAMD file) and CKMD.out (OUT file)
>
> that's all information I have for now, so I really don't know what to do.
> have any Idea? tell me if you need anything to help you solve my problem.
>
> Best Regards,
> Danu
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:23 PM, João Ribeiro KS <jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Dea Danu,
>
> without more details is difficult to say the exact reason why NAMD stopped
> working. How did you started NAMD? Are you using any VMD plugin, such as
> QwikMD? Can you list the steps to reproduce the error?
> Anyway, please check the terminal window of VMD for any message and check
> the end of the log file created by NAMD (usually located in the same folder
> as the NAMD configuration file).
>
> Best wishes
>
> Joao
>
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:54 PM Danu Fajar <dfr879_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I've tried to run NAMD on windows, but when I running the NAMD, a tool box
> appear and said "namd2 stopped working".
> I don't know why this is happen.
>
> How can I fix this ?
>
> Sincerely,
> Danu
>
> --
> ……………………………………………………...
> João Vieira Ribeiro
> Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group
> Beckman Institute, University of Illinois
> jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu
> +1 (217) 3000380 <(217)%20300-0380>
>

> --
> João Vieira Ribeiro
> Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group
> Beckman Institute, University of Illinois

João Vieira Ribeiro