From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2017 - 04:15:32 CST

Dear all,

I know this may not be a VMD-related question per se (more of an NVIDIA
question). Sorry for this. However, maybe some of you has experience
with this setup and could give me a hint. I would like to get Quad
Buffered Stereo in VMD wtih NVIDIA 3 D vision on the following
Linux-based setup:

I have a Quadro M4000 and 2x 27-inch monitors (3D ready). One of these
has a DisplayPort (DP) entry, so I connect the DP to the Quadro DP and
everything seems fine.

However the second monitor has only HDMI and DVI entries (the M4000 has
only DP, no DVI). Whenever I connect the monitor HDMI to the Quadro DP,
the NVIDIA driver (375.26, also earlier) only recognizes the 60 Hz
refresh rate of the monitor. Enabling Stereo option in xorg.conf ("10")
literally disables the second monitor. The same if I connect the monitor
DVI to the Quadro DP with a standard DVI-DP adapter.

In the past, I have used the dual link DVI-DP adapters and this worked,
albeit with intervals of weird display issues on the monitor connected
through these adapters.

Does any of you have any idea about a simple way (avoiding the dual link
DVI-DP adapters) to get the stereo working on an HDMI/DVI monitor
connected to a DP-only Quadro card ?

Thanks for any insights and sorry again for the slight off-topic question.

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Vlad Cojocaru, Ph.D., Project Group Leader
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology