From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2017 - 17:14:17 CST

Hi Nikolai,

I'm pretty sure you are running into the limitations of the 32-bit windows build. 32-bit addressable memory space is 4GB, which you will exceed greatly with what you are describing here. Linux will work since those builds are usually 64-bit, and then you are limited more or less entirely by the physical RAM on the machine. The error message could be more helpful in this case, but that is what is going on.

-Josh