From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 06 2017 - 02:14:07 CST

Hi Nikolai!

Requests for a 64 bit build have appeared previously
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/17267.html>:) But
until then you can load less frames, or remove the solvent or preform your
analysis in chunks (Load 2GB, do the analysis, delete the frames, load next
2GB etc...).
There is also a 64 bit build of CatDCD
<http://rpm.lammps.org/windows/testing/>that you can use to split your
trajectory and or remove solvent...
Finally, for what it's worth Chimera
<https://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/download.html>does have a 64 bit windows
build. For trajectory analysis it's a bit slower than VMD, but still fine.

Best,
Ajasja