From: Stefan Boresch (stefan_at_mdy.univie.ac.at)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2016 - 03:10:35 CST

Small follow-up: I 'borrowed' a new coworker's machine to test quikmd,
and there the dropdown menus do work. Hardware and Software of the
two machines in question are identical; this was also tried with
gnome3 (same version, same graphics driver). Thus, this really must be
some hidden 'cruft' in my config files ..

Let me use the opportunity to ask some more general questions about
the capabilities of qwikmd: (1) The tool will change protonation
states for me (e.g. GLU -> GLUP), but I must provide the
information, right? (E.g., from propKa ..) (2) If I have gaps in
a structure, it is again my responsibility to fix the PDB file (i.e.,
to provide the missing coordinates)? Can one coax ModelMaker into
"just" loop modelling?

I should explain that I am looking into QwikMD mostly for courses, as
it seems a gentler introduction to (setting up) MD (correctly)
compared to charmm-gui/charmm/namd ..

Thanks again, best regards,

Stefan Boresch