From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2016 - 01:39:44 CST

Hey, if you can break down the superimposable part of both proteins using
the same selection e.g. "backbone and name CA" you can easily use the RMSD
Trajectory Tool (Extensions->Analysis). If you need different selections for
both proteins, you can still do it at the commandline with TCL (untested):

set sel1 [atomselect 0 "resid 1 to 10 and name CA"]

set sel2 [atomselect 1 "resid 4 to 13 and name CA"]

set mat [measure fit $sel1 $sel2]

$sel2 move $mat;

If you need this for a number of frames I can give you an example of a loop
across all frames.

Norman Geist