From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2016 - 01:44:00 CST

Hi,
  Does your CentOS 7 machine have 32-bit runtime libraries on it? If not,
you will have to install a 64-bit build instead of a 32-bit build.
That could cause the error you're seeing. You can double-check whether
that's a likely scenario by checking that /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX
does indeed exist. If it does, then most likely your machine lacks 32-bit
libraries and you'd need to install one of the 64-bit builds instead
(LINUXAMD64).

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/