From: Parker de Waal (Parker.deWaal_at_vai.org)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2016 - 11:50:39 CDT

Hello VMD,

When rendering with the new GPU accelerated TachyonOptiX in interactive mode, ambient occlusion (AO) has ample time to sample lighting to produce a clear, crisp image.

However when comparing the PPM file from the interactive render to a PPM file generated from the moviemaker TCL plugin (also using TachyonOptiX) the PPM file looks like the AO is not done sampling yet and looks rather coarse.

>From this I have two questions:

1. How can I increase the rendering time for TachyonOptiX using the moviemaker TCL script to allow for AO sampling to finish?

2. How can I set --aasamples for the TachyonOptiX render? --aasamples seems to not work as an excepted flag.

Best,

Parker