From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2016 - 21:46:17 CDT

Hi,

not sure about the visualization file - but

measure fit does not do anything to the coordinates. It computes a
transformation matrix which has to be applied to the selection something
like:

$sel move <transformation mx>

now the coordinates have been updated.

"First, the command "measure fit" just align two molecule at a single
frame, so when I change to the next frame, I need to realign them."

as to this - I don't exactly see a problem in this!!! you will have to loop
over all frames and process each individually. The process would include --

loadng frame
calculating the matrix
moving the selection using the matrix
calculating the RMSD

I am not sure a way exists where you would not have to align per frame --
but you could wait for someone else to add to this answer.

Best,
/A

--
Best,