From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2016 - 22:23:03 CDT

​Thank you John for your quick reply.

I am using CentOS 6.6 (​actually it is a Rocks OS). Well yes I could get
the directly downloaded Text-only binary work (which is the binary I am
using in most of the time), it seems compatible in that case. However the
directly downloaded "LINUX_64 OpenGL, CUDA, TachyonL-OptiX" binary give two
problems:
1) $ ldd LINUXAMD64/vmd_LINUXAMD64
liboptixu.so.1 => not found
liboptix.so.1 => not found
   (which I have no idea where to find them.)
2) $ cd src/
   $ make
   make: *** No rule to make target `y.tab.h', needed by `vmd_LINUXAMD64'.
Stop.
   (which did not happen for Text-only binary, although they seems to have
the same dependency.)

Thanks,
Kevin