From: Olya Kravchenko (ovkrav_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2016 - 10:23:46 CDT

Hi Josh,

thanks for replying. If I were to construct an octahedral structure
such as this in VMD/NAMD:
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore/explore.do?structureId=1AEW out of one
chain that is provided, where would I start?

My question was more general though - say I want to construct a
spherical molecule, that is empty inside, and maybe this structure is
large enough that placing each chain by hand is not optimal, and there
are several centres of symmetry (i.e. Fibonacci lattice isn't
applicable?). It would be convenient to have a spherical surface of a
given diameter that can be used for distributing residues and then one
can remove the surface and equilibrate what's left. Is there another
approach?

Olga