From: Pawel Kedzierski (pawel.kedzierski_at_pwr.edu.pl)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2016 - 05:44:07 CDT

W dniu 18.03.2016 o 00:02, Parvez Mh pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to add the line '*mol default style {VDW 1.0 12.0}' in
> *file(on line that file contains) and load it with '-e' option. But
> did not work. Did i miss any step in between?
It is not clear to me what you have done. The above command should be on
a separate line.
The "-e" option of vmd is meant to run some script once, not to change
VMD settings permanently.
For permanent settings, you need to edit the vmdrc file and put such
commands there:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node245.html
HTH,
Pawel