From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 12:19:19 CDT

Hi,
  You can disable any active labels by using the controls in the
labels form started by the Graphics->Label menu item.
There isn't any way to adjust the position of the text labels at
present, however you can draw textual labels at any position you want
through the use of the 'draw' commands which are described in the
User's Guide. Beyond that, you might find that doing labelling in
another package such as Illustrator or Photoshop gives you a lot more
flexibility.