From: Gadi Oron (gadi_at_proteologics.com)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 03:50:37 CDT

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 21:19, Yang Yang wrote:

> I have a pdb and a psf files for a unit cell. I use the "Periodic
> Tab" under "Graphical Reperesentation" menu to replicate it in some
> direction to form a periodic image. Now I am wondering if there
> exists a way of generating a pdb and a psf files for this new image
> by using VMD?

( Why do you need that for? )

Generally, VMD cannot merge different molecules. To achieve that, you
should load the original PDB, move all atoms by the right amount (see
moveby in the user guide) and save the new pdb.

After you have all the displaced PDBs, merge them using psfgen (from
NAMD).

- gadi

--
================= Gadi ORON, PhD -o- Proteologics ======================