From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2016 - 13:38:27 CST

Hi,
  At present, the implementation of the 'volN' and 'interpvolN'
selection keywords is based on hard-coded strings because the atom selection
language doesn't implement the concept of array indices for the
volumetric data yet. It is easy to extend the number of volumes that
can be selected by something on the order of 2x with trivial changes
to the code. If you're intending to work with a much larger number
of volumetric data objects (say 50 or 100), then that might not be
very useful, but if you just need something on the order of 10, that
is easy for me to add quickly. Let me know what you're doing and I'll
see if I can give you at least some kind of short-term solution that's
easy to use for the time being.