From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 11:34:05 CST

I would suggest that you consider upgrading to a newer version of VMD
that includes the nanotube plugin, as it may make your life
easier by (hopefuly rapidly) getting you past the issues you've run into.
Is there some particular reason you're still using such an old version
of VMD?

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/