From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 24 2015 - 10:49:46 CDT

Francesco,

Although I routinely use Gaussian for parameterization, I am certainly not a full fledged expert. My best guess regarding the message:

" Would need an additional 807073191 words for in-memory AO integral storage."

is a warning that Gaussian will use disk swapping since there is insufficient memory. Typically when I've tried to use fragments that are too large and result in disk swapping for geometry optimiations, I've found that the Hessian and dihedral scan calculations take far too long, and it is worthwhile stepping back and considering an alternative fragmentation scheme. This doesn't necessarily explain the process termination without any error messages, for which I don't have any advice based on the information at hand.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne