From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 10 2015 - 14:23:56 CDT

Hi Mahdi,

Is there a specific reason you want the rmsd per atom? This is
equivalent to asking for the translation distance for each individual
atom from the reference state, which I've never seen measured before at
an atomic level. In principle, I don't see why your script wouldn't work
as written, but it'll generate an absolutely massive textfile (177*50000
lines = hard to parse later). Are you getting this textfile and see that
the RMSD isn't changing per frame, or is the textfile too short, and
something else is going on?

-Josh Vermaas