From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 01:49:42 CST

Hey,

you can use the new „Userani“ system. Download the file from:

 <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/userani/userani.tcl> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/userani/userani.tcl

Than create a file: animate.tcl

---------------

source userani.tcl; #<--this is the file you downloaded

add_section rotx -start first -end last

add_userani rotx rotate x 180

print_story

print_timeline

In VMD load your trajectory, in VMD console “source animate.tcl”. Now press “MakeMovie”. On source the renderer is set to dryrun for testing, so to really make a movie you need to select a different renderer. The system also holds a lot other possible animations. Find further usage information under:

 <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/userani/> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/userani/

Good luck

Norman Geist.