From: Viswanath Pasumarthi (v.pasumarthi_at_iitg.ernet.in)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 01:28:13 CST

Hi,

I have been trying to calculate nonbonded interaction energies using
NAMDEnergy plugin in VMD. On specifying the path to namd2.exe
(NAMD_2.9_Win32-multicore) when prompted for, after running the
NAMDEnergy, it results in an error message, 'namd2.exe has stopped
working'. The simulations were run on a linux cluster installed with
NAMD_2.9_Linux-x86_64-multicore version. I tried specifying both versions
of the setup files, but both gave the same error. What causes this error
and how to solve this issue?

'Application Error' Dialog:
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    while executing
"exec $namdcmd ${jobname}-temp.namd > ${jobname}-temp.log"
    (procedure "namdrun" line 56)
    invoked from within
"namdrun"
    (procedure "namdmain" line 76)
    invoked from within
"namdmain"
    (in namespace inscope "::namdEnergy" script line 19)
    invoked from within
"::namespace inscope ::namdEnergy {
      mol top $currentMol
      variable sel1