From: Dmitry Kovalsky (dikov_at_imbg.org.ua)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 05:01:39 CST

Hi all,

I want VMD to use numeric python that is installed in my Liux box.
I have
[dikov_at_violet dikov]$ rpm -qa|grep python
python-Numeric-22.0-alt1
python22-devel-2.2.2-alt1
python-Numeric-devel-22.0-alt1
python22-2.2.2-alt1

after I do
./configure LINUX OPENGL FLTK TK TCL PYTHON NUMPY
cd src
make install

when i start VMD and try to call python
vmd > gopython
Info) Starting Python...
Numeric Python module _numpy not found; vmdnumpy module not available.
ImportError: No module named _numpy
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named Tkinter

however
[dikov_at_violet bin]$ rpm -ql python-Numeric-22.0-alt1|grep _numpy
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Numeric/_numpy.so

So durng the installation VMD had not see the python installation directory.

where I have to define the installation directory of the Python and Numeric
Python and why VMD does not recognise them?

--
Sincerely yours,
Ph.D. Student Dmytro Kovalskyy