From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2014 - 23:39:05 CDT

Dear VMD users and Stone,

I am currently encounter questions about Tachyon image rendering in VMD. Refer to http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/minitutorials/tachyonao/, I am very pleased by turning on AO. However whenever a transparent surface is present, it is less satisfactory. I have browsed the mailing-list and tried options like trans_vmd but it does not help much.

Can anyone share some experience on rendering images involving transparency, for instance, a transparent surface of the protein outside its cartoon representation?

Thanks so much.

Kevin
ukevi_at_gmx.hk