From: Anurag Sethi (anurag.sethi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2014 - 11:12:52 CDT

Hi Mason,

In the original implementation of the Dynamical Network Analysis, the path
lengths are related to the correlation of motion between residues involved
in the edges along the path. As a result, the absolute values of the
distance in suboptimal pathways can be related to the drop off in
correlation of residues along the suboptimal pathway (when compared to the
optimal one), i.e., the distance is 4.5 compared to 3 - the drop off of
correlation of edges along the pathway is 10^1.5. When you use relative
values, you lose this power. I dont think there is anything wrong with it
otherwise.

Anurag

Genius is nothing more or less than doing well what anybody can do badly. -
Amelia Barr