From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2014 - 09:12:59 CDT

There is one very important limitation of VMDPrefs that is relevant here: VMD can push a display move/resize to the OpenGL window, but due to limitations with window managers you cannot query the current position of the window. If you already know the coordinates where you want the window, then yes, VMDPrefs should be able to do that for you.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne

On Sep 29, 2014, at 12:49 AM, Norman Geist wrote:

>From VMD-1.9.2* there’s “VMD Main->Extensions->VMD Preferences” which “should” do what you want.

Norman Geist.