From: Viswanath Pasumarthi (v.pasumarthi_at_iitg.ernet.in)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2014 - 10:01:07 CDT

> 8GB ram has nothing to do with the size of the file stopping at 4GB. The
> trajectory is written to your hard drive. You have restart files. Try
> restarting the simulation and see if it crashes at the same point. Usually
> the output is more informative. Try looking at the log file and paste the
I am afraid you misunderstood the problem. There is no 'error'. The DCD
file has stopped to increase in its file size after reaching 4 GB. I have
observed for few hours of run time, equivalent to few nanoseconds, to
understand that either the new coordinates are not being appended at the
end of the DCD file or the DCD file itself is being overwritten. This led
me to stop the simulation and restart from the last point.

> exact error. It could be that your hard disk is full and there is no room
> for the new data to be stored. However saying anything based on what you
The hard drive has ~120 GB of available free memory.