From: John Stone (
Date: Fri Aug 29 2014 - 17:18:36 CDT

Did you compile FreeVR using pthreads, or using the traditional
multiple-process model? The VMD FreeVR code is currently designed
for the multiple-process build of FreeVR. Which version of the VMD
source code have you compiled against FreeVR? There have been
a variety of bug fixes in various time periods, so it would be helpful
to know which VMD version you're compiling also.

  John Stone

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 03:43:46PM +0200, Michael Krause wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to set up VMD with FreeVR support. I can start vmd via
> vmd -dispdev freevr
> and get the main VMD window plus a FreeVR window with a demo scene. But
> when I load up a molecule in VMD it won't show up in the FreeVR window,
> i.e. the demo scene remains.
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thank you!
> Michael Krause

University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801           Phone: 217-244-3349