From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 09:51:04 CST

Brian,
  If you want VMD to run on a different display, make sure that
you've got the DISPLAY and/or VMDGDISPLAY environment variables set
appropriately. Also, you may need to check that VMD is dynamically
linking against the right OpenGL library (the Chromium one to be specific...)
Run "ldd /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX" to see which OpenGL library VMD
is being dynamically linked with at runtime. Let us know if you need
more help.