From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2014 - 00:22:42 CDT

Hi @ all and thanks for the replies.

Well introducing such a command would very useful for me, and as I need in
context of movie making with custom animations, others might appreciate it
to. So far, fitting the view port to molecular structures would be enough,
maybe passing the bounding box optionally to include other stuff like labels
would be of an option. Also this fit should work upon multiple molecules,
not like "display resetview" which only is applied to the top mol.

For now, Am I right in assuming that if I would have the size of the view
port (the actual size of the OpenGL window ??), than I could use the scale
value somehow to fit that to the bounding box of my molecule (there might be
a factor that applies the angstrom size * scale to the viewport)? Also
didn't find yet, how to get this viewport size from TCL.

Thanks

Norman Geist.

---