From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2014 - 10:58:51 CDT

Norman,
  In the flurry of replies, it wasn't clear to me whether you have everything
you need now, or if you still need assistance. Let me know if you still
have unsolved problems. In particular, I was curious to know what is included
"in the viewport", if it is only molecular structure, or also drawn text
or graphics primitives, etc. It is conceivable that we could add some sort
of "display rescaleview" type command that would recompute only the scaling
matrix if you would find that useful. I haven't looked at it in detail,
but it probably wouldn't be too difficult of others would find that useful.

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/