From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2014 - 00:35:18 CDT

Hi,

at least you would be able to fully utilize your 16GB of RAM, 32bit
applications can only handle 2GB at max. Additionally you might get some
improvements by parallelizations that might not be enabled on a windows
system as it doesn't support shared memory very tough. Also, you might like
the powerful linux shell which can save you a lot of time and trouble. Last
but not least, the common software in MD area is linux based and will
therefore be easier to install and use.

So in summary you "could" be working a lot faster ;)

Norman Geist.