From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 17:25:36 CST

Hi,
  I've written a script to merge these Virus capsid PDB files which are
stored as multi-frame PDB files into single structures within VMD using
a some relatively simple VMD and 'psfgen' scripting. This script has been
tested with one of the Virus capsids on the PDB site and it worked ok so far,
give it a try and let me know if you have any trouble using it.
  ftp://ftp.rcsb.org/pub/pdb/data/biounit/coordinates/divided/k4/1k4r.pdb1.gz

Just as a warning, the resulting structure file contained about 1 million
atoms, so be careful that you've got enough memory in your computer before
you start getting carried away with this stuff :-)

I've attached the script to this email.

Enjoy,