From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2013 - 08:58:33 CST

You can do that easily with a script, looping over the frames, if you know
about tcl. To find out how to change the transparency of a material, try VMD
Main->File->Log Tcl Commands to Console. Afterwards you can do by hand what
you want to change using the gui, and check the console for the particular
commands. You could set a start and end opacity. The difference devided by
number of frames or "frames/framesperfade" is your step then. The command
you need would look like

material change opacity Transparent 0.34

Norman Geist.

---