From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2013 - 08:13:35 CST

It should be possible to do this by creating a custom material and using a trace on vmd_frame to modify its transparency based on the current frame number. I don't have access to machine with vmd installed to produce and example script, but there are some examples posted to the list and on the web that do somewhat similar things.

Axel.