From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2013 - 14:54:00 CDT

Francesco,

The ParamChem web-server is a good resource to assign CGenFF/CHARMM36 atom types and to determine what other bonded terms require parameterization/refinement. Carefully note the penalty values associated with the output. Molefacture is mostly used for generating PSF/PDB file pairs that are the required input for ffTK. The build-in atom typer in Molefacture is a bit out-of-date and uses the UFF, which is quite different from CHARMM; you should manually enter in the type information based on the ParamChem output instead of using whatever Molefacture assigns.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne