From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2013 - 15:27:27 CDT

Francesco,

Molefacture uses localized bond orders and oxidation states; however, this is more to detect valencies for visualization and the "add all hydrogens" function than any sort of charge calculation or complex aromaticity detection. Charges are assigned according to a fixed point charge model. As far as I'm aware, these charges are computed using external dependencies, and Molefacture just assigns them to a particular atom.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne