From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2013 - 11:29:29 CDT

Ciara,

My suspicion is that your system selection and node selection are causing the
PSF file to actually not have any atoms.

What happens when you load the files manually into VMD and do an atomselect..

mol load psf system.psf
mol addfile system.dcd last 0
set sel [atomselect top "((chain A) and (not hydrogen)) and ((name CA))"]
$sel num

If you are getting zero, that indicates that there actually are no atoms.

Kirby

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics