From: Daniel Klose (daniel.klose_at_uni-osnabrueck.de)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 10:16:23 CST

Dear VMD users and developers,

I'm interested in decomposing the rotation matrix returned by measure fit into its components so that I can do intermediate steps in the given rotation.

I assume the matrix is a product of a translation matrix and a rotation matrix around an arbitrary point (or three rotations about the origin and a translation?), but writing down the matrix equations I found that I seem to need to know a more exact convention ... Could someone tell me?

And is there maybe an independent way to figure out the translation vector and/or the rotation center? Without, this problem may be underdetermined.

Thank you for your help!!
Daniel

--
Daniel Klose