From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2012 - 06:30:54 CST

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Pawel Siuda <siuda.pawel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would really appreciate if someone would be able to help me to find a way
> to ascribe time-varying atom descriptors to user field.

simple. check out: pages 10 to 12 of this document:

https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/redirect/cpmd-vmd.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

> I was trying to use beta field of pdb file to do so. In script library there
> is a pdbbfactor.tcl script, which is supposed to do the job, but is not

ouch. this seems very complicated.

> working (user values are not being changed). I was also trying to write a

the script below makes assumptions about a pdb format file,
that may not be true and thus many standard conforming .pdb
files will not be read correctly. this is overkill anyway.

> script on my own, but as I am kind of new to Tcl, there is still sth wrong
> with it. I would really appreciate if any of you could help me out.

there is an excellent Tcl tutorial on www.tcl.tk
http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/tcltutorial.html

axel.