From: Albert (mailmd2011_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2012 - 04:44:12 CST

hello:

I am trying to run a python script by command:

vmd npt.pdb md.xtc -python -dispdev text -e count_water.py

but it said:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: vmdnumpy module not available.
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "VMD", line 12, in <module>
NameError: name 'AtomSel' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/soft/vmd-1.9.1/lib/vmd/scripts/python/Tkinter.py", line 59, in
<module>
     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

I checked that I've already installed both numpy and tkinter in my Linux OS.

thank you very much
Albert