From: Larry Guy (gglarry0_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2012 - 18:52:52 CST

It turns out that removing the n-terminal amino acid from the offending
chain fixes the problem. I tried removing other residues and it didn't
help. The mystery remains as to why VMD won't display the entire original
pdb while other programs will. If anybody wants to investigate I can
provide the pdb. Or if you want to start with the original pdb it's 4G7O
and the offending residue is C 64.

Thanks