From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 03:14:28 CST

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Roberto Gaspari <roby.gaspari_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I recently tried to load a trr gromacs trajectory with vmd.
> Vmd exits with a message of segmentation fault.
>
> This does not always happen. I tried for example to open another trr file
> produced by gromacs on another machine and it went all right.
>
> After running vmd with the debug option I received the following
> message upon stopping:
>
> 0xf7a39d16 in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> or
>
> 0x00007ffff5fad090 in _wordcopy_fwd_aligned () from /lib64/libc.so.6
>
> If I try to load on another machine.
> So it seems there's a problem in handling those libraries.

have you checked whether the offending .trr file is valid,
i.e. not damaged?

can you process it with the gromacs tools?
and if you process it with the gromacs tools
(by making a copy or looking at a subset)
can you read the resulting file(s)?

please always report what version of VMD you are
using and on which platform/OS you are running on.

axel.