From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2012 - 10:49:01 CDT

Hi,
  You can compute values like this by writing a script that computes
the distances you care about. You can then run the script over your
trajectory and compute the values, write them to files, plot them, etc.
I think that the best thing would be for you to begin by working through some
of the basic VMD atom selection and scripting tutorial sections and
from there you can probably get this done pretty easily:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/

Cheers,
  John