From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2012 - 15:33:52 CDT

Hi,
  The windows.h header file should indeed included with VS 2008. I'm not
sure why you would not be finding it. Perhaps there's something amiss
with the compiler setup on your machine, or you are trying to make
your own project rather than using the VMD plugin makefiles?

This topic shows up in a quick Google search:
  http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/Coffeehouse/415758-Visual-Studio-2008-Professional-no-windowsh-/