From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 15:03:56 CDT

Hi,
  I think that the MacOS X 10.8 build platform is at least part of the
problem here. They just deprecated some of the SMP hardware query functions
as of 10.7, and so for MPProcessorsScheduled() we'll have to make an
alternative function call that provides the same information. I don't know
if 10.8 supports queries through sysconf(), but that would be the first
place I'd look, since almost every other Unix platform does it that way.
Let me dig into that particular issue, as that's going to require a code change
in order to work on 10.8... I'll get back to you on this.

I'm not sure what the problem with the STL string find operation is, that
may be some sort of compiler issue there. If needed, you could just skip
compiling dtrplugin, unless you know that you're going to be working with
trajectories from Desmond or Anton simulations...