From: Stephen Herbein (sherbein_at_udel.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 10:45:25 CDT

Hi,

I'm trying to compile VMD mixed with custom code for Mac OS X 10.8. It
compiles fine in Linux, but Mac seems to be a different story. Everything
compiles, but ld errors out as soon as it starts to link all the files
together. The error output is:

  "_MPProcessorsScheduled", referenced from:
      _vmd_thread_numphysprocessors in VMDThreads.o
  "macosxvmdstart(int, char**)", referenced from:
      VMDinitialize(int*, char**) in vmd.o
  "std::string::find(char, unsigned long) const", referenced from:
      framefile(std::string const&, unsigned long, unsigned long, int, int)
in libmolfile_plugin.a(dtrplugin-**s.o)
  "std::string::rfind(char const*, unsigned long, unsigned long) const",
referenced from:
      open_file_read(char const*, char const*, int*) in
libmolfile_plugin.a(dtrplugin-**s.o)
[with another 8 screens full of errors stemming from libmolfile_plugin.a]

I compiled the plugins using "make MACOSXX86_64". (Compiled using default
makefile, thus CC was used).
I compiled the VMD and custom source files using an altered Makefile and
clang[++].

I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any help or advice would be very much
appreciated.
-Stephen