From: Joshua D. Moore (joshuadmoore_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2012 - 13:36:44 CDT

If I understand correctly, maybe you are dumping wrapped coordinates,
so that VMD assigns the bonds based on the first frame, so when they
cross periodic boundaries it draws some huge bond.

I think there are several options, but maybe the easiest if you want a
CPK type look, you could have two representations, one with dynamic
bonds and the other with VDW but with small beads?

Or you could dump unwrapped coordinates, use CPK and use pbctools to
have VMD wrap in nicer way. Or maybe with your existing data, try
pbcunwrap, then a pbcwrap with possibly a pbcjoin.