From: Ginger Emel (mrd_ninja_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2012 - 11:22:50 CDT

I am following the instructions listed in the NAMD tutorial for unix.  On page 11, step 8, it says the following: 8 In a Terminal window (again, be sure that you are in the 1-1-build directory), type the following command: > vmd -dispdev text -e ubq.pgn This will run the package psfgen on the file ubq.pgn and generate the psf and the pdb file of ubiquitin with hydrogens. When I try this, I get: invalid command name "dispdev" I am in the 1-1-build directory.  VMD is in my main directory and I have created an alias correctly.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? -Ginger