From: bsnmrem-obj_at_yahoo.com
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 19:18:47 CDT

Maybe you should install csh (shell with C-like syntax) first. ________________________________ From: Shyno Mathew <sm3334_at_columbia.edu> To: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:09 AM Subject: vmd-l: VMD 1.9 installation on linux Hello everyone, I just downloaded VMD 1.9, LINUX_64 OpenGL, CUDA (Linux (64-bit Intel/AMD x86) with CUDA Then as mentioned in the VMD website I issued the following commands: cd vmd-1.9 su As root when I issued the following command: ./configure I got the message: using configure.options: LINUXAMD64 OPENGL FLTK TK ACTC CUDA IMD LIBSBALL XINERAMA XINPUT LIBTACHYON VRPN NETCDF TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT cd /src make install with the above command I got the following message: Info: /bin/csh shell not found, installing Bourne shell startup script instead Make sure /usr/local/bin/vmd is in your path. VMD installation complete.  Enjoy! So I thought installation was successful!! I also added the path in .bashrc, the command vmd is active. But when I type the command 'vmd' I am getting this message: /usr/local/bin/vmd: line 477: /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX: No such file or directory ThanksShyno -- Shyno Mathew PhD student Department of Chemical Engineering Columbia University