From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 17:47:25 CDT

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Prof. Eddie <eackad_at_siue.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've tried labeling with the mouse and using different graphical
> representations of the residues of interest so I can more easily create a
> bond in the openGL window. It seems tedious. Are there commands to do this
> without clicks if one knows the residues or atom numbers? Something like
> set label bond residue 150 to residue 7

a) it always helps to read the documentation, e.g. this:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node132.html

b) most (standard) VMD GUI actions have a script equivalent
you can monitor and even log them to a file. of course this is
also documented.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node23.html

if you have not yet noticed, VMD will be more useful, the more you
know more about it. there is *much* more to it, than what the
GUI directly exposes. A lot of stuff in the Extensions menu for
example has been written in Tk/Tcl script based on the script
functionality of VMD.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer