From: Jim Kress (jimkress_58_at_kressworks.org)
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 13:38:23 CDT

Hi Axel,

Here's my procedure:

1. From VMD Main Load gromacs trajectory into VMD
2. From VMD Main Load associated .gro file data into VMD
3. from VMD Main Do: graphics > representations > trajectory and then set
trajectory smoothing window size to 10
Speed is at highest setting.
5. From VMD Main stop the playback and set slider back to "0" position
6. From VMD Main do: extensions > visualization > movie maker and movie
maker Tk applet pops up
7. Set working directory
8. Name movie
9. Set rotation angle to 0
10. leave trajectory step size set at 1 (the default when the applet pops
up)
11. leave the renderer at default (snapshot)
12. do Movie Settings > Trajectory
13. leave Format as MPEG 1
14. click on Make Movie

Now it works OK. I think it was not working properly because; previously I
had set the step size at 10 in movie maker. That seems to have confused the
VMD/ Movie Maker link. If I don't mess with the defaults, all is OK.

As usual, thanks for your help!

Jim